Tuesday, September 05, 2006

~~<@ LOOKING THRU YOUR EYES @>~ ~

=written by a friend...sue may

back a few days i got totally stressed out.
i do understand that practically everyone gets stressed out and it is of the norm of feeling so...yet i felt the anger within, for the inability of those who were supposed to share the burden to instead work on what they felt was more important and left with me all the readings, plannings and finally a proposal that got rejected...

just as i was about to scream the "invisible" voice and cry the "invisible" tear, when i was in the lecture hall being tormeted by goldfish, a friend sent me a photo (of himself, when he was a baby)
the baby was smiling through the screen at me ----then stupidly i was smiling *to myself* (i'm not sure if jason -who was sitting beside me- realised)

this baby has a special pair of eyes.
a pair of eyes i've started falling in love with, ever since i got to know the many things he had seen through it...(things i never knew if i could see)

i remember asking him a very long time ago what colours he could see.
it always reminded me of these few lines of lyrics ------this LeeAnn Rimes song "Looking Through your Eyes"
"look at the sky, tell me what do you see? just close your eyes and describe it to me"
stupidly failing to realise -____-llll that he may not know what green or red is.

contradictorily, he had been through so much i'm not sure it would wear me up if i were in his shoes.

he could see only a few colours, but i'm very much touched by his passion of helping others, that had helped color other's life.
"I see the heavens each time that you smile, I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles, and suddenly I know my life is worth while...That's what i see through your eyes"
(perhaps the lines wouldn't be appropriate to describe the situation)
but basically, all the things he did dealing with many different people, the dreaful moments in life he had to go through, the many things he has to live with...had made him a stronger person, knowing life is worth every second.
just by that look of reality through his eyes.
i'm more touched with the way he dealt with his feelings, the many qualities he was being brought up practising, qualities as in the thing embedded within his thoughts and personalities that i could hardly find in another of the same male species------------there are so many stories about him i wish i could write (but may seem inappropriate considering this concerns his privacy)

this is a dedication to a friend who may not consider me as his true friend even (judging at such a short length of time that we've known each other), but yet one who has tried to make a difference in others' life with big ideas in life. he may not be as perfect as he wished he could be *i reckon* but who says we have to be perfect anyway?-judging that no one says that life should not be unfair.

the moral of the story that i've learnt from him is the fact that we may not be living under the most optimal of situation, but we could live the best out of those situations...-and better still at the end of the day, bringing the difference and fairness into someone else's life.

he taught me that at the end of the day, after all, it is my smile that counts, my smile that is of equality to the passion i have in making others' life as beautiful as it could be.

he taught me that "being to help others is a gift to myself", "being able to be friends with you, is a gift to myself"...in short, being able to learn to accept life the positive way, is a gift to thyself.


Look at the sky
Tell me what do you see
Just close your eyes
And describe it to me
The heavens are sparkling
With starlight tonight
That's what I see
Through your eyes
I see the heavens
Each time that you smile
I hear your heartbeat
Just go on for miles
And suddenly I know
My life is worth while
That's what I see
Through your eyes
[Chorus:]
Here in the night
I see the sun
Here in the dark
Our two hearts are one
It's out of our hands
We can't stop what we have begun
And love just took me by surprise
Looking through your eyes
I look at myself
And instead I see us
Whoever I am now
It feels like enough
And I see a girl
Who is learning to trust
That's who I see through your eyes
[Chorus]
And there are some things we don't know
Sometimes a heart just needs to go
And there is so much I'll remember
Underneath the open sky with you forever
[Chorus]

No comments: